Do you need shelter?
At Family Promise of Hunterdon County, professional staff assist families in our shelter with resolving their homelessness.
- We are open 7AM to 5PM Monday through Friday at our Day Shelter, Flemington Presbyterian Church. Nights and weekends families go “home” to one of our 15 Host Congregations.
- Congregational “homes” volunteers welcome the families and provide a home-cooked meal every night.
- There are 46 congregations in the IHN network- 15 host sites and 31 support congregations, with over 1,000 volunteers staffing these sites.
A typical schedule during the week might be:
- 6:30am – Guests are picked up at the host church site by the Link and driven to the Day Center in Flemington
- 7:00am – 5:00pm – Guests spend the day at our Day Center, at work, at school, or in search of work and services
- 5:00pm – Guests are transported by the Link to the host church site where they have dinner, enjoy some time with volunteers, and spend the night (each family sleeps in a separate room)
- On the weekends, guests spend the day and night at the host church site and then each Sunday, move to the next church at about noon.
Thanks to our volunteers and congregations, The Family Promise Shelter Program provides safe, comfortable, temporary shelter for families experiencing homelessness. We require that guests actively participate in case management with a goal of funding housing and long-term stability. This involves our guests, with the help of case management, connecting with other social services agencies to access appropriate services, using tools to job search and/or pursue educational opportunities, and develop a long-term housing and stability plan.
Our program is designed for families, and families in need of shelter will always get priority. If you need shelter, please contact our office at 908-782-2490.